How does the change affect you?
What are your rights?
The changes in the new privacy legislation lays out the following rights for customer's data:
- The right to access - individuals have the right to request access to their personal data and ask how their data is being used.
- The right to be forgotten - individuals have the right to withdraw their consent for a company to use their personal data and therefore have the data deleted.
- The right to data portability - individuals have the right to transfer their data from one service provider to another.
- The right to be informed - individuals must be informed before data is gathered and must have to opt in for their data to be gathered. Consent must be freely given rather than implied.
- The right to have information corrected - individuals have the right to update date if it is incomplete, incorrect or out of date.
- The right to restrict processing - individuals can request that their data is not used for processing, their data can remain in place but not be used.
- The right to object - individuals have the right to stop the use of their data for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to be notified - individuals have the right to be notified of any security breaches which may compromise personal data within 72 hours.